New Main Sheet Block

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

New Main Sheet Block

Postby DavidOakland » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:38 pm

I need to replace main sheet bottom sheeve block on my 1986 DS 1. Can someone tell me the Harken part number or enough size information that I can order it? I don't want to have to drive 2 hours to the boat to find out. The Harken wesite recommends a 57mm Ratchet Block — Swivel (I think). Thanks, David
DavidOakland

Re: New Main Sheet Block

Postby GreenLake » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:04 am

Are you just trying to replace the block, or the whole swivel assembly? If the former, is your base a Harken?

And, to confirm, you have your mainsheet rigged aft boom with a single part coming down from the boom to the swivel? So you'd need a single block.

A 50 +/- mm size block with swivel connector sounds about right, although, technically, if the base already swivels, the block would seemingly not need that capability as well.

But a swivel connector usually has a bin rather than just an eye and perhaps that's the key to connect it to the swivel base.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Return to Day Sailer I Only