praise, just plain old praise.

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

praise, just plain old praise.

Postby crawford » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:14 pm

I learned on a DS2 many, many years ago. I sold it because my wife wanted a more stable boat. So along came our flirtation with Catalina 22. I ended up having owned three. In the by and by I bought a Flying Junior, a coronado 15, a laser, three el torros, and a few other types, as well as making my own Bolger boats.
Catalinas served their purpose. But now I have my DS1. I have wanted one for a LONG time. With the help from the forums I have been able to modify, rebuild, create and just beutify the heck out of the boat. I love it and my wife is pleased that I no longer ask her out for trips. She enjoys sitting aboard and watching the sun go down, but not sailing in anything over 3 kn.
I made the new rudder! Wow! 4lbs and sturdy! Finally I can point with the barber haulers! I never get in the irons as with the DS2!
I just want everyone to know I love my DS1.
crawford

Postby Donal » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:19 am

How is the wind these days, on your little lake up there? I have been wanting to take my boat out again, but haven't found the time.
Speaking of wind, what are some good resources for checking weather condition on a certain lake, etc?
-Donal

1965 Daysailer I #1970
Donal

Return to Day Sailer I Only