Heelp-Part II

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Heelp-Part II

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 13, 2000 12:00 am

OK-I put the mast up today-(It is the one that goes thru the Hull)Is there a pin that goes through the bottom of the mast at the foot of the mast under the Cuddy?Also how do I run the Rigging Rope on the Boom for making the Triangle I see in the pictures?Also my sails are old How far back on the boom is the end of the sail supposed to reach mine is about 6 inches short how is it attached?

Russell (candidus93-at-aol.com)

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 14, 2000 12:00 am

My "73 DSII does not have a pin or anything where it rests in in cuddy.

I have noticed that the mainsheet is rigged differently on different boats. I guess it is personal preference. Mine is tied onto a rope traveler at the stern, then through a block on the end of the boom then through one block of a double block on the boom, down through one block of a fiddle block that is mounted onto the center board housing, back through the other block on the boom, then back to the other block on the fiddle block. It is held by a cam cleat attached to the fiddle block.

My boat came like this and works fine. I have seem some without any double blocks and they probably work fine also. My arrangement give me some mechanical advantage.

For pulling the sail out there is a line with a shackel on it that attaches to the clew. It goes through a small block on the end of the boom then down the side of the boom and is held by a cleat attached to the boom.

I hope this helps. I have only had my DSII about 8 months and am just a novice.

Mike (hastingsml-at-aol.com)

Return to Day Sailer I Only