floorboards for DS1

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

floorboards for DS1

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 22, 2000 8:16 am

I have a DS1 which was purchased recently. The serial number on the forward bulkhead in the cuddy indicates a manufacture date around 1965. Were wooden floorboards part of the original design? And if so are they available anywhere?

mike (mgreen-at-gdsys.net)

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 07, 2000 1:14 pm

I have a 67 DS1 with floor boards, which I bought from the original owner. He said they where they an option when he bought the boat. In mine there are four sections, it is my understanding the there was a fith section at the stern behind the seats, but it is missing in mine. It also had a combination oar/mast cradle that fit into a slot in the 2 aft sections.

Kevin O'Neill (ko_-at-bellsouth.net)

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 26, 2000 8:30 pm

Kevin is right. My DSI has a fifth floor board in the stern just as he describes it. I'm not the origional owner so I don't know if it was standard or an option.

The only person I met who got a new set of floor boards, made them using an existing set as a pattern. It doesn't look that complicated. I wouldn't think that the boat is very comfortable without them as there is no place for the bilge water to drain off.

Steve Max

Steve Max (75264.153-at-compuserve.com)

Return to Day Sailer I Only