Drain plugs

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Drain plugs

Postby bburke001 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:11 pm

I have a Spindrift Daysailer 1 and looking for some information on the drain plugs. There is one located in the transom, but there are also two located in the forward part of the cockpit ahead of the centerboard. Could someone tell me where these two drains drain to and from? And do they need to be plugged before the boat goes in the water?
bburke001

Re: Drain plugs

Postby Shellback » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:33 am

I have the same, plus 2 more on the forward side of each bench seat. I'm pretty sure they're just for draining out any water that might collect in those air spaces (not the transom one). I think the transom one needs to be in, at least on mine. I'm pretty sure it's below the water line, however I haven't had mine in the water to verify.
Shellback

Postby Rebelreck » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:23 pm

I have a Spindrift as well, but I do not have any of these plugs. I have the drain in the stern, and that is all.
Stupidity deserves it's own reward!!!
Rebelreck

Postby kokko » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:34 pm

The one forward of the centerboard on the keelson drains the forward float chamber
DS1 Truelove
kokko

Return to Day Sailer I Only