Looking for info on trailers

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Looking for info on trailers

Postby Shellback » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:20 pm

Does anybody have any pictures or links to posts about trailer for the DS1?
All I get when I search for "trailer" is this: "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: trailer"

Mine came with an old tilt trailer, but it's pretty rusty and either needs a lot of repair, or I need a new one.
Thanks
Shellback

Re: Looking for info on trailers

Postby GreenLake » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:05 pm

Use this search on a search engine, not in the search box on this forum:
Code: Select all
site:forum.daysailer.org/forum trailer
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Re: Looking for info on trailers

Postby klb67 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:12 am

I had a 73 Boyer trailer for my DSII that needed a complete rebuild - blasted and painted, new hubs and tires, new wire. I used the easy button and bought a new load rite from a trailer dealer who sells a bunch of them. It cost less than what I'd have in restoring my old trailer, not even counting my time to do it. I might have posted about it on here somewhere. I've been pleased with it and it should work for a DSI. I had a guy weld me a front mast stand out of 2x2 tube and a plate that I bolted to the tongue. I thought the way the loadrite mast rest bolted was cheap. I added a nice keel roller as well.
1976 DSII - #8039
klb67

Return to Day Sailer I Only