Quarantine Projects - Hull #37

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Re: Quarantine Projects - Hull #37

Postby BlackPirate » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:00 am

Thanks for sharing. Nice setup, Tomodda! I just learn something new today. :wink:
BlackPirate

Re: Quarantine Projects - Hull #37

Postby tomodda » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:03 am

Hi, BlackPirate you're welcome! What did you learn new from these posts? Glad there's something! For me it's mostly been measure twice, cut once, curse, patch, measure again, cut again....

In the meantime, work continues VERY slowly over here. I properly bolted the new center console onto the top of the centerboard and found that there is a LITTLE bit of play, about 1/8 to a 1/4 of an inch (3-6mm). Annoying and I'm thinking of how to eliminate it, but I now have to unbolt the whole mess and redo my sealant (each hole has a nice dab of caulk to minimize weeping underway), and I can't be bothered in this heat. Likewise, I finally bolted the front console tree (between CB case and cuddy roof) into place, a surprisingly fiddly job with very low tolerance on where I place the bolt holes. I'm planning to build a small bed of epoxy for the top and bottom of the "tree'" as well, but for now, it's just bolted in while I work on placing cleats. Anyway, will post more photos as soon as there is something decent to look at.
tomodda

Previous

Return to Day Sailer I Only