DS I floor boards

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

DS I floor boards

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 18, 2002 8:46 am

Friends, This question is driving me nuts. What did the origional floor boards in the very back of the DS 1 under the transom look like? Specifically, do they extend the full width of the boat or only take up about two thirds of the width in the center.

I ask because my boat was recently in the yard for adjustment and the rear floor boards were removed. I could have sworn that they came in three sections and extended all across the back, but now there is only one section in the center and the yard folks say that there never were any more. For all I can remember, they are right. I never paid it much attention. If there were additional sections in the corners of the hull they would only have been a foot or so long and fit in on each side behind the seats. (On the port side under the motor well.)

Thanks for your help.

Steve Max

Steve Max (stevemax-at-mindspring.com)

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 18, 2002 3:50 pm

I have a 1967 DSI with the original floor boards. There is only one section in the transom.

Tom (tbeck-at-new.rr.com)

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:10 pm

I have only seen the single floor board under the deck at transom...was about two-thirds width of transom.

going forward there were two additional floor boards and then two more under the cuddy. five total in the DSI's I've been around.

d hicks (seedchusa-at-netscape.net)

Return to Day Sailer I Only