Looking for manual for a Sunfish Laser Built Day Sailer

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Looking for manual for a Sunfish Laser Built Day Sailer

Postby SeawaySurf » Mon May 09, 2022 3:56 pm

Recently bough a '95 Day Sailer built by Sunfish Laser. Trying to get a better understanding of the boat and looking for any info, manuals on the same.
SeawaySurf

Re: Looking for manual for a Sunfish Laser Built Day Sailer

Postby tomodda » Tue May 10, 2022 7:43 am

Wow, I didn't know Sunfish-Laser is/was the same company, let alone that they built DaySailers. Anyway, the rough details on the Daysailers haven't changed since 1958, with the exception of the Centerboard (handle in older boats, pulley in newer boats). Peruse the manuals section of daysailer.org and you should be able to figure out your boat: https://www.daysailer.org/Manuals.

Fair Winds!

Tom

P.S. I digress, but my usual crew when I sail my local lake is a long-time Sunfish sailor. Whenever we see a Sunfish on the water, he turns to me and says "Thank gawd, there's a Sunfish come out to save us!" Shows how much he trusts my skippering. ;-)
tomodda

Re: Looking for manual for a Sunfish Laser Built Day Sailer

Postby GreenLake » Tue May 10, 2022 2:31 pm

SeawaySurf wrote:Recently bough a '95 Day Sailer built by Sunfish Laser. Trying to get a better understanding of the boat and looking for any info, manuals on the same.

What are you mostly concerned about finding out in a manual? We can probably answer most of those questions here in more detail than you'd get in any manufacturer's documentation.

Also, it would be interesting to know about your background as in sailing experience.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Return to Day Sailer I Only