Rigging and floor boads

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS1. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Rigging and floor boads

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:49 pm

I am new to sailing and have purchased a 1968 O'day Day Sailer 1 and am interested in restoring it. I am interested in finding information on two things.

1) A diagram, picture, or detailed description that will show / tell me how the boat was originally rigged. I need to know the type and placement of all equipment.

2) My boat is missing the floor boards so I looking for a diagram, picture, or detailed description with dementions that will aid me in building my own.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Scott Elstad
3249 Kentwood Dr
Eugene, OR 97401
elstad@mindspring.com

Scott Elstad (elstad-at-mindspring.com)

Postby Roger » Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:46 pm

This link will take you to the manual and set up for the DS II which has a number of similarities to your boat. You might also check out the photo gallery for some pics as well.

http://boonedocks.net/daysailer/ds2man.html

The photo gallery is at

http://boonedocks.net/talkboard/talkboa ... oup=dspics
Roger

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:18 am

Also interested if anybody knows if the early DS1 (1959) had floor boards and what they may have looked like. The hull has an internal reinforcement running parallel about 1ft out from the c'b, about one half of a 1 1/2" round glassed in that looks like the original construction, about 4 1/2 ft long.

John C. #129 (ghampe-at-rcn.com)

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:44 am

I have a '59 DSI and the original floor boards. I'll try to post pictures after the weekend.

Steve of "Rolias" (sjlink502-at-aol.com)

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:01 am

Check with the Day Sailer Association Secretary, who lives in your town- Patricia Skeen, Fleet 89 - Eugene, OR. (541) 689-2190 Fax 461-3146 skeenjp@aol.com

Fleet 89 at Fern Ridge Reservoir has over 25 Day Sailers in their fleet. Surely somebody in their fleet could help you with your questions. Call Patricia Skeen.

Gus Heismann (gus-at-heismann.net)

Return to Day Sailer I Only