Name your boats

For issues common to different models of DaySailer.
Except Rigging and Sails.

Moderator: GreenLake

Name your boats

Postby PromptCritical » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:24 pm

I have noticed a lot of nameless DaySailers. I am of the opinion that every boat should have a name. Maybe you have one thought of, but don't feel up to painting it on yourself, or don't want to pay someone else to do it. I found this site a while back. They make custom vinyl decals and have ordered a name decal for my boat. We'll see how much I like it.

http://www.signsbyyou.com/lettering/vinyl_lettering.asp

They have a ton of fonts, colors, and effects with an updating preview feature. If anything, it's fun to play around for a while.
O'Day DaySailer II #6991 "Entropy"
Suntracker Party Hut 30 "Hornet"
Performance Laser
Feathercraft K1 Expedition
Dama Standup Paddleboard
Pelican Paddleboat

Sea Scout Ship 601 "City of Roses", Portland, OR
PromptCritical

Postby Mike M. » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:08 pm

I did order name decals from Signs By You and received them recently. Very prompt service, very easy to deal with. Here is a pic of what I put on the boat. The only thing I might do differently next time is to order the lettering in boldface type, I think it would show up better. The Brush script I chose matches the registration that was already on the boat. Those letters are three inch, the name is in five inch. I'm trying to put a picture in a personal gallery.
Mike Miller
DS I #3780
"Patty K"
Central Oklahoma
Mike M.

ms word generated stencil

Postby Roger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:40 pm

I used ms word in 72 point and word art feature in ms word to create a stencil. I used a razor knife to cut out the letters, then spray adhesive to stick the stencil to the boat. I masked the edges of the stencil with newspaper and then went at it with a bit of spray paint. I let it dry, took off the stencil, and cleaned off the adhesive goop with acetone and at the cost of the spray adhesive and paint, I was done.

I uploaded a picture of Sail la Vie on page one of the photo gallery. Click on the photo below for a larger view.

Last edited by Roger on Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger

Postby PromptCritical » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:27 am

Yup, got mine in the mail last week. Pretty "Prompt". :lol:

When I get some free time, I'm gonna put them on, post a photo, and update the numbers list in the history forum.
O'Day DaySailer II #6991 "Entropy"
Suntracker Party Hut 30 "Hornet"
Performance Laser
Feathercraft K1 Expedition
Dama Standup Paddleboard
Pelican Paddleboat

Sea Scout Ship 601 "City of Roses", Portland, OR
PromptCritical

Return to Repair and Improvement