New Rub Rail

For issues common to different models of DaySailer.
Except Rigging and Sails.

Moderator: GreenLake

New Rub Rail

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 22, 1999 12:00 am

Well, after 40 years the rubrail on my DS1 is looking pretty shabby. The boat has fresh paint and refinished wood but the beat up old rubrail is detracting from the overall image. Anyone know a good, inexpensive source for replacement?

J.T.

J.T. (jtellis-at-xmission.com)

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 10, 1999 12:00 am

ya, me too.
I reckon I'm too cheap for West Marine or BoatUS. Their rubrails are generic in application & appearance & they run over $120 bucks. Well, maybe dressage for a DS16 is worth that?

Lynn Larremore (elynn1141-at-aol.com)

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 11, 1999 12:00 am

Check out hamiltons. <http://www.hamiltonmarine.com/> They have the precise U-channel style rubrail that came on my Spindrift DS1 for a lot less than the West Marine choices. I think its something like $1.50/foot. I have no association with Hamilton Marine (in fact, I do have an association with West Marine so I am steering you toward a competitor), other than being happy with their selection of parts.

Justin

Justin Andrus (jandrus-at-mail.maine.rr.com)

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 19, 1999 12:00 am

Thanks for all the post on rub rails. I been wanting to replace mine, but shyed from the cost. But Hamilton Marine (thanks for pointing them out here) Faxed me all the info (about 4 hours after sending an email). Cost is 1.90$ for flexible and 1.61$ for rigid. You guys are lifesavers.

Rob Reeves (Robr1011-at-EV1.net)

Return to Repair and Improvement