What is Santa getting for your Daysailer?

For issues common to different models of DaySailer.
Except Rigging and Sails.

Moderator: GreenLake

What is Santa getting for your Daysailer?

Postby kellyima » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:45 pm

My daysailer is getting a clinometer (to objectively measure heel and reduce my concern that I'm about to capsize) and tiller tamer (to single hand more easily).

It desperately needs new sails, but that will have to wait.

Happy Holidays Everyone!
kellyima

Postby swiftsail » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:27 pm

Santa's getting my Daysailer a new mast and recutting my sails to fit it.
DS 307 "Security Risk"
DS 14024 "Flight Risk"
Live Slow, Sail Fast
swiftsail

Postby calden » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:46 pm

In a fit of sailing frenzy, I bought some stuff at the end of season in October. Sorta early Christmas. I bought a bona-fide whisker pole (to replace my homemade job with the aluminum hook at the end) for wing-and-wing sailing. In the early spring I will be attaching hardware to the boat to make my traveller adjustable ( a la Phill Root,) a jam cleat to the boom for my new 2:1 outhaul I put on, some nice brass coat hooks just under the cuddy edge on which to hang stuff, and I'm going to get a new mainsheet swivel cleat and put that on. I might get a new jib, too.

But best Christmas present is that I am right now vacationing in San Diego (from Spokane Washington) and will be doing some sailing every day! I'm at a hotel on Mission Bay and have, at my doorstep, a variety of boats - Catalina 14, catalina 18, and Capri 22. Fueling my dreams of obtaining a second slighlty larger boat.

Carlos
DS I #1653
calden

Return to Repair and Improvement