Centerboard Assembly Questions

For issues common to different models of DaySailer.
Except Rigging and Sails.

Moderator: GreenLake

Centerboard Assembly Questions

Postby MarcCram » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:04 pm

Hi everyone...
I'm trying to get my centerboard together on my newly purchased 66' -71' (year is still uncertain, but build by o'day without mast jack) DS1 and I know I am missing parts but not exactly sure which ones.

The parts I know I have are; Handle, Old Nasty Rubber Washer, and Centerboard Mounting Plate (this piece is fiberglassed to the centerboard trunk).

Looking at the parts that is on D&R's site. I think I am missing the pressure plate and locking pawl. (I am going to replace the washer).

My question is what order do these go in? Where on the locking pawl do I drill (or have someone drill) and what size hole? Does it mount using one of the bolts/screws that secures the pressure plate? I would assume the pressure plate holds everything together but the picture in the o'day manual (from this site) is hard to see.

Mind you I've only had the boat for five days and just sent my membership check in. So I haven't been able to meet any of you (Either joining Fleet 1 or maybe 86?) and see your boats up close.

Cheers and thanks in advance for the info.

Marc
Cherry Hill, NJ
MarcCram

Postby pnichols » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:50 pm

Marc

Here is a web site with some info and pictures on DSI centerboard handle and assembly.

http://www.bobhunkins.com/surprise/archive/000487.html

There is also a wealth of info on this site. Just do a 'search' for 'centerboard'.

Happy reading.
Paul Nichols
DSI 2383
pnichols

Postby MarcCram » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:19 am

Thanks Paul,
I've been spending more time reading posts on this site then my wife would like me to. In fact I am getting yelled at now.

Thanks again.
Marc

Cherry Hill, NJ

pnichols wrote:Marc

Here is a web site with some info and pictures on DSI centerboard handle and assembly.

http://www.bobhunkins.com/surprise/archive/000487.html

There is also a wealth of info on this site. Just do a 'search' for 'centerboard'.

Happy reading.
MarcCram

Return to Repair and Improvement