need mast

For issues common to different models of DaySailer.
Except Rigging and Sails.

Moderator: GreenLake

need mast

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 29, 2000 1:48 pm

I have a 1974 Daysailor II with sails and everything else. The only part I need is a mast. I am having the hardest time locating a used one. Can anyone point me in the right direction? D&R Marine and Dwyer prices are too expensive for me.

Scott Alexander (liv2soar-at-yahoo.com)

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 30, 2000 12:16 pm

Where are you located? I'd look around for a Marine Consignment store, they often have all sorts of used or surplus items. You may not find an O'Day Day Sailer II mast there, but they may have something close enough. You could try Zephyr Spars, a division of Cape Cod Shipbuilding, 508-295-3550, they are the OEM for the present Day Sailer. They may be the same as Dwyer, pricewise though! You may be able to buy the parts from Dwyer and assemble the mast yourself, labor is a big part of the price!

Rod Johnson (rjohnson24-at-juno.com)

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 13, 2001 1:58 am

You can also search the www for extruded aluminum and that is where I found a supplier. Didn't need it, lost it, be darned if I can remember the name or URL but it's out there.

MAKurtis (Emak41-at-excite.com)

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 24, 2001 10:08 am

If you are interested, I have a mast and boom that I would like to sell. The boat was wrecked (took off cuddy to use as a fishing boat). Consequently, the mast and boom have not been used since at least 1994. It is from a 1978 O'Day Daysailer. It is gold in color and has all of the rigging attached. I have put it up on the boat to see that everything is in order. It is in good condition and I thought $100 would be fair excluding shipping. If you are interested, contact me either at this e-mail or at (612) 331-1464 and we can work out price and how to get it to you. I am in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Jeff Cameron (jlcameron-at-hotmail.com)

Return to Repair and Improvement