Hatch Cover

For issues common to different models of DaySailer.
Except Rigging and Sails.

Moderator: GreenLake

Hatch Cover

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 31, 2001 8:09 pm

Hello Folks
I need to get a covering for the cuddy of my daysailer II Hull #3141 Class #5704. It appears that it was covered with canvas previously as there are small snaps surrounding the cuddy opening. Could this be possible? I'd prefer to have teak boards (I think)and have seen mention of D&R Marine as a source. If anyone could shed some light on the function of these snaps it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Len Phelan

Len Phelan (tralfaz-at-capecod.net)

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 01, 2001 7:29 pm

Len,

I have the same situation on my hands and have been give the same advice. Yes, your cuddy had been provided with a canvas or naugahyde cover affixed by those snaps. I am ordering the teak set from Rudy at D&R Marine momentarily. I have discussed the matter with him, and have been advised that removing the snaps and filling the resulting holes isn't a big deal... Bye the bye the teak assembly sells for $110 plus tax/shipping.

Cheers!

Bill Mahoney (wmahoney-at-smsllc.com)

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 02, 2001 9:00 pm

Dear Bill,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I appreciate it. I think I'm going to call D&R too and order myself some of those hatch boards. It really sounds like the best course of action. Well, thanks again.
Skol!
Len Phelan

Len Phelan (tralfaz-at-capecod.net)

Return to Repair and Improvement