New trailer

For issues common to different models of DaySailer.
Except Rigging and Sails.

Moderator: GreenLake

Re: New trailer

Postby klb67 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:56 pm

Tim - can you post what make and model trailer you got? I'm looking much harder at a new trailer after getting some new trailer quotes and doing the math on new tires and maybe springs on my old trailer, plus wire, sand (for sand blasting), grinder disks, paint and reducer, bunk carpet and at least 2 weekends of working rather than sailing to refurb my old trailer.

Chlud - can you also post the model of Load-rite you got? If I get a new trailer, I'm probably going with a Load-rite unless steered elsewhere - there is a large dealer not too far from me with very good pricing. They are suggesting a 14F1000W.

It's very interesting how something escalates from, "I really should address that rust, get new tires and fix up the trailer a bit before letting it out all summer at the lake" to "hey - look at the new trailers guys on Daysailer.org are getting" to "I wonder what a new one would cost" to "wow, the delta is really not much, and I could sell the old trailer easily here in PA (its titled, which is almost as valuable as a liquor license) and I'll be sailing weeks earlier.
1976 DSII - #8039
klb67

Re: New trailer

Postby TIM WEBB » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:10 pm

It's a Magic Tilt, model MTV16W 1250. The choice to get a new one was made fairly easy given the fact that the old one was BBR (Busticated Beyond Repair). No delta there ... ;-P
Tim Webb
1979 DS2 10099 The Red Witch
(I used to be Her "staff", in the way dogs have owners and cats have staff, but alas no longer ... <pout>)
TIM WEBB

Previous

Return to Repair and Improvement