trailer for a 1967 Oday daysailer

For issues common to different models of DaySailer.
Except Rigging and Sails.

Moderator: GreenLake

trailer for a 1967 Oday daysailer

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 10, 2002 1:49 pm

Any recommendations out there for the make or stlye of trailer that is suitable for transporting a 1967 daysailer.

Is it safe to assume this boat weighs in the 575 lb. range? It has just the standard equipment and rigging.

Thanks, walt

Walt (heinw-at-westol.com)

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 14, 2002 12:31 am

I'm interested in same (1969 though) trailer. I called Cape Cod shipbuilding and they sell them, but they don't ship...bad if you live 1,200 miles away from Boston like I do.

From my research you should be able to contact a trailer company near you that can recommend one...most are adjustable as far as bunks (think they're called 'ponnets'?) and keel support go.

One last thought..try Triad Trailers; they have the best propoganda, but I don't know about their trailers.

Tom (tbeames65-at-cs.com)

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:49 am

I have an old but sturdy HIGHLANDER trailer for my 1979 DS II, it is a 1200# capacity. Cape Cod Shipbuilding does not have their trailer custom built for the DS as far as I know, if they gave you the brand and model, you could buy it locally from another dealer. However, any good trailer dealer that knows his/her stuff will be able to set you up with a properly sized and adjusted trailer. Someone else mentioned the bunks being called "poppets" (said ponnets", but I assume meant poppets), poppets would be short posts with pads that rest against the hull, these are used on sailboats with keels in place of the bunks.

Rod Johnson, "SUNBIRD" (rjohnson24-at-juno.com)

Return to Repair and Improvement