d&r marine still in business?

For issues common to different models of DaySailer.
Except Rigging and Sails.

Moderator: GreenLake

d&r marine still in business?

Postby chapmro » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:11 pm

Hi all, I'm a new Daysailer 2 owner, and I need a few parts. D & R Marine's website lists what I need, and I see lots of mentions of that company in prior posts. I get a 505 error when I try to check out there (tried several browsers), and no one answers the phone today (hours listed M-F 9-5 eastern time). Is the company still in business? How do I reach them?

Thanks.
chapmro

Re: d&r marine still in business?

Postby GreenLake » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:54 pm

It's a small operation and every once in a while there can be a bit of a glitch. But in the past, we've always been able to get to them eventually. Keep trying (but when you get through, mention that you had issues).
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Postby Dixiewalker » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:12 pm

YES!! I was just there, in person, September 2, 2023. Rudy is taking phone orders for now, nothing on line. It's temporary, but don't know how long it'll be that way. He lamented that his web site is so old it's no longer supported and won't allow checkout. He's attempting to have a new site created, but has encountered challenges with design, so it's already taking months longer than he ever expected. He said he's worried about people being unable to get parts on line, but doesn't do web design, so he's dependent upon others and doesn't know when they'll finish design. He spent an hour with me, and the phone rang at least 5 times, so call him, that'll work. He's still there and selling!!
Dixiewalker

Postby GreenLake » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:52 am

Great to hear. I've only ever phoned in orders, though I did use the website to get an idea of what items they stocked.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Return to Repair and Improvement