rigging a day sailer 2

Moderator: GreenLake

rigging a day sailer 2

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:49 am

I am desperate for help. I was fortunate to have been given what I believe to be a 1971 or 1972 Day Sailer 2.I am currently taking sailing lessons and am anxious to sail this boat but I don't have a clue how to rig it. So far I have stepped the mast and installed the boom. If someone can advise me or if they know of a good source for pictures I would greatly appreciate it.The hull number is 26167 and the class number is 4934.

Kevin Trabert (kevin4comfort-at-aol.com)

Postby Peter McMinn » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:13 pm

Kevin, welcome. If you havn't already, click the Information link located on the home page, then click on Rigging Guide. Phill Root has written up a very good piece with photos on how to set the boat up. Also, you might spend some time fishing around the archive threads on many different topics. If you can't find answers there, don't hesitate to start a new query.
Have fun.
Peter McMinn

Postby Roger » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:17 pm

also try this website for rigging pictures.

http://groups.msn.com/RogerConrad/shoebox.msnw
Roger

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:43 am

Kevin
I'm here in Columbus. We have a fleet here and if you are interested in comming down and seeing some examples of how boats are rigged etc. Send me an email and I can give you directions and times we are around etc. If you are close, we'd love to have you join us on a regular basis. email me at jpclowes@hotmail.com.

J.P. Clowes (jpclowes-at-hotmail.com)

Return to Rigging