24" O'Day Sailer Manuals

Moderator: GreenLake

24" O'Day Sailer Manuals

Postby Guest » Tue May 18, 1999 12:00 am

Does O'Day put out a manual? Do they have a website? I am familiar with a wooden 18' Castine Class sloop, made in Castine, Maine (on the lines of a Lightning) but need to learn about O'Days to teach Boy Scouts/Explorer Scouts on a New Hampshire lake this summer.

Any hints from O'Day sailers? Thanks, Jane

jane m. saltsman (jand.m.saltsman-at-lmco.com)

Postby Guest » Mon May 24, 1999 12:00 am

I have the "owners manual" for my 1979 Day Sailer II, if you have a Day Sailer II (or III maybe), it shows how to rig the boat, and close-ups of important details. If what you want is a manual to teach you how to sail, the owners manual won't help. I suggest buying a good "learn-to-sail" text, George O'Day (founder of the original O'Day Boat co.) wrote one that was said to be quite good, might show the Day Sailer, but those pictures will most likely be of the Day Sailer I (first version).
O'Day is esentially out-of-business, so no web-site, parts are available from D&R Marine d.b.a O'DAY PARTS, in Assonet, Ma. 508-644-3001. Cape Cod Shipbuilding (present builder of DS IV) also has parts for the older boats. They are in Wareham, Ma. and do have a web-site, I think you can link over to their site from this one. Send me an E-Mail at the address I gave above if you would like a copy of the manual that I have, 2 sides of an 11" x 17" page.

Rod Johnson,"SUNBIRD"

Rod Johnson (rjohnson24-at-juno.com)

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 07, 1999 12:00 am

To: Rod Johnson,Sunbird,will you please e-mail me a copy of your 2 pg owners manual to winddncr86@aol.com? Thank you. Betts Potter

Betts Potter (Winddncr86-at-aol.com)

Return to Rigging