Rigging spinnaker

Moderator: GreenLake

Rigging spinnaker

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 31, 2000 2:57 pm

I have never rigged my spinnaker and the person I bought it from never rigged it either. I am not sure how. I read the rigging section on the other internet site but it didn't make sense to me. Here is what I have, can you help?

Halyard-There is a place to attach a block above the jib halyard. I assume this is for the spinnaker halyard. On the mast I also have a cam cleat on one side and a jam cleat on the other a short distance up the mast. Does the halyard tie off on the cam cleat or on one of the regular cleats at the base?

Spinnaker pole-I know where the pole clips onto the mast. I assume there is supposed to be a block (pole lift) that attaches a short ways above the rings where the pole clips. There is a place for it. Correct? I am not sure where the downhaul line attaches. Are either of the cleats used for this?

Spinnaker sheet-There are three places on either side for attaching a block or whatever. There is an eye near the shroud attachment. There is an eye at the very aft and an extra hole where the shroud attaches. Where and what would the sheet go through? There is nothing to hold the sheet other than a regular cleat near the aft eye. I would think a cam cleat or similar is needed so that it can be released quickly.

As far a hardware, I have several lines and two blocks. I think I am missing at least a block but I have extra.

Can anyone help? Pictures would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Mike H (hastingsml-at-aol.com)

Return to Rigging