Lots of rigging

Moderator: GreenLake

Lots of rigging

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 12, 2000 8:17 pm

Boy! Am I happy that I found this site! Finally a place to get some intelligent answers to DSI questions, which I have plenty.
I own a DSI in pretty much stock conditition until now. I think I'm getting bit by the racing bug after years of sailing cruising boats.

1. About those Barberhaulers. Phil Root's article says pull the jib line in, another article written in 1967 ( at the O'Day Site) says pull them out to open the slot. Which one is best/right?
2. I'm looking for some used race sails, Main and Jib,possibly spinnaker, e-mail me please.
3. I,m rigging hiking straps. Where do I secure the ends, middle? adjustable?
4. Anyone figure out what to use for a hook to hold the knot on Phill Root's fixed triangle traveller?
5. How does one go about stiffening the hull?
6. How powerful of a boom vang is required for racing?
7. Should I consider modifying/replacing the rudder/head? I have a considerable arsenal of tools at my disposal.
8. How often are cunninghams/outhuals/downhauls actually used before during a race?
9. Phill Root's centerboard holdown line is just what I needed.
10. And FINALLY, how much performance difference is there between a hinged mast and a thru deck stepped mast?
Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Rex Sheler (signroute-at-aol.com)

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 14, 2000 12:34 pm

I hae a mainsal that has been used only five times that I wish to sell. It is cut fairly flat for heavier breezes. I can be reached at Denmall@aol.com

Dennis Mallach (Denmall-at-AOL.com)

Return to Rigging