Aluminum spreader bars

Moderator: GreenLake

Thanks for the advice

Postby boatblogger » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:11 am

Thanks for all the input. It's good to be part of an active forum. I believe I will cough up the dough for the spreaders from D&R although the stainless tubing idea seems worth pursuing if I ever trash the aluminum replacements.

I am sure to be posting more questions on various parts of the forum. The DS1 should indeed be a fun boat that I expect will satisfy my sailing addiction and provide a fine teaching platform for my grandson.
boatblogger

Postby Saltatrix » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:40 pm

It's a beautiful thing when a post from 2007 can answer my question.

I just acquired a new mast for my DS1 today from D&R and it was rigged with only the main spreaders. Previously, my original mast had the upper spreaders as well. Guidance on this forum says that the uppers aren't necessary. I'll go with that!

Btw, highly recommend DRMarine for anyone here. I got to meet Rudy today who was super helpful throughout this entire process and I was lucky enough to spend a brief moment in his workshop...but I coulda stayed there all day! That place is sweet and they're truly genuine people. Highly recommend.

And now I can't wait to finally launch my DS for the season.
Saltatrix

Postby Alan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:53 pm

I guess that answers the question of whether Rudy has fully recovered from his hospitalization. Good to hear.
Alan

Postby GreenLake » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:44 pm

+1
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Daysailer spreaders..Thanks!

Postby hldevore » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:55 pm

This forum continues to be of great help to me in maintaining and fixing up the old Daysailer I purchased...THANKS!!!!

Just purchased new spreaders from http://www.drmarine.com/default.asp
hldevore

Previous

Return to Rigging