rigging a 1968 Barnegat Day Sailer

Moderator: GreenLake

rigging a 1968 Barnegat Day Sailer

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 02, 1998 12:00 am

I'm a novice sailor trying to rig a 1968 Barnegat Day Sailer that I trailored up to Mooselookmeguntic Lake in N.W. Maine.

I'm looking for absolutely basic advice -- a sketch would be nice -- on to rig the boat. The jib is straightforward--no problem, but we're having a devil of a time trying to figure out what to do with (1) the boom wang (sic?), which has a pulley attached to it; (2) whether proper rigging requires a trailer line across the stern; (3) how the mainsheet, in passing along the boom, is fastened to the pulley and the racing cleat.

In short, I think we need to see some sort of a sketch that would illustrate proper rigging.

Can anyone suggest some help? We're off to the local library to see if we can find a book, but were hoping such a sketch and instructions might be accessed on the Internet.

Ted Hershberg (tedhersh-at-pobox.upenn.edu)

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 03, 1998 12:00 am

Phill Root has a Day Sailer I Rigging Guide at:

http://forum.daysailer.org/tech_rigguide.php

This may be helpful to you. Even Day Sailer Class boats have different set-ups, so the Barnegat Day Sailer may be different yet. There really is a Mooselookmeguntic Lake?

John C

john C (pf_flyer_1-at-yahoo.com)

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 08, 1998 12:00 am

I am new to sailing and this page so please excuse my excesses. I just reviewed the rigging info that Phill Root has and was referred to in this category. Is there a similar page for the O'Day II sailor showing standard rigging? If so please let me know.

Doug MacPherson (macp-at-concentric.net)

Return to Rigging