SailRite Drifter

Moderator: GreenLake

SailRite Drifter

Postby NoCashOnBoard » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:11 pm

Just wanted to share my experience with making my own sails working with SailRite. Great company and very personal service, I was able to talk to Jeff Frank - their sail designer directly about the sail that I wanted to make and the problems I was having with light winds. I got a good understanding of how and when to use this sail. An added bonus was that I was able to design the color layout of the sail myself. Jeff had sent me a panel layout, on the phone he just asked how I wanted the colors arranged. The kit was very complete, good instructions but some areas were kind of grey - I used YouTube and the SailRite videos to figure out all of it. I could at any time call SailRite and get assistance but I didn't find I needed that. It's nice to know they are there to help out. Here are pictures of my new drifter! Now I need a light wind day, the winds have been strong again. I broke my tiller last week, what else?

Lucas Parrish
1986 DaySailer 3 (first boat ever!)
NoCashOnBoard

Re: SailRite Drifter

Postby GreenLake » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:04 pm

Cool!
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Re: SailRite Drifter

Postby Kerrald » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:13 pm

Wow that looks great! Got a link to the model you ordered or was this entirely custom?
Kerrald

Return to Sails