Used Sails

Moderator: GreenLake

Used Sails

Postby Guest » Sat May 23, 1998 12:00 am

I am looking for a set of used sails with a season or two of use. Anyone out there know of a racer who has a set for sale? Also,I'd like an idea of fair prices for such sails. I don't intend on racing but need to replace an old set. Happy sailing, Dave

Dave Griffith (djgriffith-at-eosinc.com)

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 15, 1998 1:00 am

Dave: Did you ever get any leads? I am looking to replace the blown out sails that came with the 1967 boat I own (they may be original, gasp). The discussion group could use a more specific site for this kind of information eh?

Barry (bfk-at-proc2000.sannet.gov)

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 17, 1998 1:00 am

There are used sails available at sailnet.com.

Paul Diglio (paul.diglio-at-erols.com)

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 21, 1998 1:00 am

OK call me stupid but I couldn't find anything there either (but I new at this stuff) Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try a few more leads before I resort to simpering and pleading for a more direct web site location. The adventure continues...or the old sails look better with each minute I spend messing around looking for their replacements. Any thoughts and suggestions on "retreating or restoring" old sails? Does it work or is it a lot of work for little long term gain?

Barry (bfk-at-proc2000.sannet.gov)

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 21, 1998 1:00 am

Sorry, I gave the wrong location for used sails. It actually is <A HREF='http://www.galaxymall.com/commerce/minneysails/mainsail.html'>http://www.galaxymall.com/commerce/minneysails/mainsail.html</A>. They have a few very close to the Daysailer specs at very reasonable prices. My 1984 DSII has a mainsail of 19' luff and 9'2" foot. I can go a little less on either measurement but not much more. I never measured my jib or genoa.

Good luck and sorry for the error.

Paul Diglio (paul.diglio-at-erols.com)

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:34 pm

have main and jib for sale

grover (grove777-at-aol.com)

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:22 am

Hey Barry, my sentiments exactly. I hear a centralized site is coming. It sure would be great if we had a boats-and-parts-for-sale feature. I'm looking for sails for my '67 DS1 as well. Are there any Daysailors/wesite designers out there who can help us?

Jeff

Jeff Smith (jsmith4265-at-woh.rr.com)

Return to Sails