Daysailer II Hull # 6630 Aiken SC $1800

Ads are automatically removed after 60 days.

Moderator: GreenLake

Postby TJDSII6630 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:37 pm

Clean SC title, included the trailer.
Best to contact me at: myemail122060@yahoo.com

See sailboatdata.com/sailboat/day-sailer-ii for all if the details of this class boat.

I have owned for a bit over a year and had a lot of fun fixing it up and learning to sail.
This is a fun boat and easy to single hand.
There is room to sleep in the cuddy or on the seats if you want to boat camp and I have done this several times.

Not a project boat as I’ve fixed all of the issues I have found and I went through it stem to stern as I intended keeping it for a few years. However I found a local SJ 21 and decided to move up a size so I’m going to have to turn this one loose.

Work ranged from removing decayed floatation foam from all of the cavities and filling them with pool noodles and thick walled juice bottles, to a gash in the hull which I cleaned out and over laid with woven roving.

Past owner upgraded to the heavier 1/8 inch standing rigging.

Other work:
Increased size of the standard inspection ports in the sole and added one in the rear of each seat.
These make great storage areas.
Added a removable bow compartment cover of western cedar and replaced the floatation foam with juice bottles and pool noodles.
Added a 3 foot section of pool noodle to the top of the mast
New cuddy doors of western cedar. Double thickness so they are sturdy and pretty much water tight
Added an extending trailer tongue for keeping the car dry but will allow getting the boat into deeper water if you have a gently sloping ramp.
All rivets were replaced; those in the mast tangs are SS
Wood in transom was wet and softer than I like so I drilled a bunch of intersecting holes from the top to bottom and dried it out. Then filled the holes with thin resin and packed the holes with regular resin and strips of glass tape.
Polished and waxed the hull
It was built in ’76 so has cracks here and there in the deck gel coat but I filled the small chips and pop outs and painted gel coat over the larger cracks.
Sails are in good shape in that there are no tears or repairs of same, although there are stains. I repaired any loose stitching. The Jib has a wire in the luff and it was rusted so I opened the seam and soaked it in Evap-O-Rust. This dissolved the rust and I re sewed the seam.
Trailer lights were cleaned and wiring replaced.
Bow navigation lights installed with a place for a small 12 V battery, operates on a switch by the cuddy doors.
Cuddy lights installed as well
New tiller made of laminated oak I saved the old one
Redid the ice box lid
Replaced most of the wood under the mast with glass fibered Bondo, not he pink stuff
Shimmed up the mast so I could get proper tension in the rigging
10 inch wide treated bunks with new carpet installed on the trailer
Trailer was sanded and sprayed with cold galvanize paint
Tiller tamer for holding course when you need to attend to something, want to recline against the cuddy bulkhead, or sit on the cabin and lean against the mast.
Jack lines attached so it will not leave you if the tiller tamer is engaged and you fall off!
Added a flag pole on top of the mast, topping lift, as well as 2 pulleys to raise a mast light, etc.
All screws, nuts, and bolts showing wear or corrosion were replaced.
Numerous hooks in the cuddy to hang and organize things.

Includes what you see in the pictures
And:
3 life jackets - the orange Mea West type
2 bumpers
Cross stick boom crutch
2 sets of spare spreaders
Two 6 inch round floats to mark an anchor
2 marine fire extinguishers
Some extra rope
I have an old electric motor trolling with a broken prop that still works if you want it.

If you are going to keep it moored, it could use a new coat of bottom paint. Old paint will polish off pretty easy but I left it on.

If you are serious and want a lesson or to test sail, Lake Greenwood is an hour away or I will meet you at Lake Marion or Port Royal Sound.

3 Pic Max
Additional pictures in my gallery, join if not a member of the forum and search TJDSII6630
I have pictures of most repairs as ask for what you want to see.

Port Side 6745.jpg
Port Side 6745.jpg (90.27 KiB) Viewed 271 times

Starboard Side 6750.jpg
Starboard Side 6750.jpg (119.62 KiB) Viewed 271 times

Side Close Up 6763.jpg
Side Close Up 6763.jpg (142.02 KiB) Viewed 271 times
TJDSII6630

Return to FS: Day Sailer Boats