centerboard

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

centerboard

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 21, 1998 1:00 am

Can anyone advise me how the control lines are rigged to raise & lower the centerboard in a daysailer II.
I am also interested in who assigns a sail number, as my mainsail does not have a number.
Thanks.....Richard C. Schneider

RICHARD C. SCHNEIDER (richard-at-apimarine.com)

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 26, 1998 1:00 am

Hi Richard,
On my DSII, there are two holes in the starbord side of the bulkhead at the bottom, One line goes through a block, then through a block attached to the cable that attaches to the centerboard at the front of the centerboard trunk that is even with the lower bulkhead. this line then attaches to an anchor located at the port side of the cuddy cabin, on the deck about even with the mast footing. The other line goes through the bulkhead, through a block then up to the center top of the bulkhead, through another block then down to a rope that attaches to the centerboard through the front top of the centerboard trunk. The first line is used to raise the board, the second line to lower it.
These lines are secured on a cleat on the starboard side of the truck about 2/3 way aft.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Paul Diglio (paul.diglio-at-erols.com)

Return to Day Sailer II Only