Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Postby Eric-Jan de Vries » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:24 am

Hi everybody
since a few mounth I am the praud owner of a daysailer 2
I would like to get in touch with others. To share experiences and to learn all about the DS.
As I life in Europe, in the Netherlands ,there are not so many DaySailers as in the USA.
We are sailing on the Dutch lakes.
It would be nice to write with some of you.
Looking forward all tghe best,
Eric
Eric-Jan de Vries

Postby rnlivingston » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:01 am

Welcome Eric

I sail a Spindrift DS1 on a lake in Massachusetts (Northeast US). I belong to a sailing club and we race every Sunday during the summer. Although we have 14 Day Sailers in the club, you seldom see more than 3 or 4 on the water at any given time.

I try to bring the boat down to the ocean a couple of times a year. The winds are much steadier there.

I also sail ice boats in the winter. I have a DN ice boat and I just completed an Ice Flyer which uses a windsurfing sail.

Roger Livingston
DS 11538
rnlivingston

Welkome aboard

Postby Roger » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:10 pm

I live in middle Canada, and I too feel very isolated from other DS II owners. I sail on an inland lake and have done a lot of upgrading to my DS II over the past 4 years. I have also written a book on it with several pictures on how to maintain and restore this boat. I would be glad to enter into e-mail correspondence with you. roger02@mts.net
Roger

Postby Fearless » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:10 pm

Hey Eric,

Nice to have you. I just signed on here a month or so ago, and have already learned so much about maintaining, repairing, and improving my 1979 DS II. Great boats, and a helpful community.

Have fun!

Leif
Daysailer aficionado, just keep making little improvements to my '79 DSII, and it keeps getting more enjoyable every season.
Fearless

Return to Day Sailer II Only