Hi form a newbe

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Hi form a newbe

Postby pete » Wed May 03, 2006 4:53 pm

Just a quick Hi from a newbe in the UK, ust brought a D/S II No 4506 not mutch info.
Boat in good ish condition with excoption that it has a home made tiller and rudder, hope to learn moor from this site.
Will take photos naxt time I go to boat that is on a trot mooring in Dartmouth devon.
pete
pete

DS parts available

Postby Roger » Wed May 03, 2006 10:08 pm

Parts for the daysailer are available at http://www.drmarine.com/categories.asp?cat=64
Roger

Postby pete » Sat May 06, 2006 4:32 am

:oops: Been looking through this Excellent site, have discovered it’s a D/S1 not 11 as the boat was sold to me as,
Still very happy. :D

Iv been looking at all the photos, and note mine’s a little different in that it has a wooden bulkhead abit like on the MK2 and has a floor from the bulkhead to the inbuilt buoyancy at the bow with more buoyancy under, where in nearly all the photo’s Iv seen (MK1) this area is open?
pete

Postby sunapeesailor » Mon May 15, 2006 6:09 pm

Can you post pics? It sounds as though someone has made a mudification to the original by adding a bulkhead and floor....but that's just a guess.
[thumb=258]
"If you make no time for yourself, who then, are you making time for?"

Tidewater, VA
1971, 'er, 1966 O'Day DaySailer 1
sunapeesailor

Return to Day Sailer II Only