DS II Sail Cover Measurements??

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

DS II Sail Cover Measurements??

Postby hriehl1 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:03 pm

We want to sew our own DS II sailcover. Does anyone know where we might find a pattern / design / measurements?

Thanks
hriehl1

DS II sailcover

Postby Roger » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:59 am

I made one this past winter. I can get exact measurements for you the next time I get down to the boat, or you can use some general indicators that I used. I used a length of 11' and it draped 18" from the top centerline along the top of the boom to the hem, but I think mine is way too much, I would go down to 14". Your best bet is to use a cloth tape measure and measure the dimensions of your sail wrapped on your boom, make a diagram and go from there. The forward part around the mast was 24" high and adequate. I put a heavy duty YKK plastic zipper at the front that zipped DOWN to fasten. I added hook and loop fasteners at the top and bottom of the zipper to secure the openings at the mast. I added a tie at the aft end of the boom, to ensure the cover did not creep forward with wind. I added ladder lock closures every 2 feet or so to keep the cover snug to the sail. I used Sunbrella fabric. Hope these general quidelines help.
Roger

Sailcover

Postby hriehl1 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:47 pm

that is helpful... thank you
hriehl1

Return to Day Sailer II Only