Info on DR Marine

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Info on DR Marine

Postby Bill G » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:20 pm

I've recently bought a DSII with a broken mast. Several folks have recommended DR Marine as a great source for a replacement mast & rigging, however, I've had a tough time getting in contact with them.

Phone messages have not been returned, and several emails have been bouced back as being undeliverable. Does anyone know if the company is having difficulties, or is this par for the course?

Thanks!

Bill
Bill G

Postby shawn » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:37 pm

Bill,

I've ordered from DR Marine only through the website and I never had a problem (just got new stays about a month ago). I do not know what mast mfg he uses but Dwyer supplied the original masts for my '82 DSII. It's a straight section mast with external halyards and can be ordered directly from them at www.dwyermast.com. They have all the fittings that you would need as well. I've ordered parts from them also without a problem. Cape Cod shipbuilding is another source.

Shawn
DS 10542
shawn

DR marine ok

Postby Roger » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:55 pm

Rudy at D&R is good; he's just too busy so can't talk to you. He won't return messages, e-mails or phone calls that I know of, but make an order via the website or e-mail and it will be on your doorstep the next week.
Roger

Postby jaustin » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:39 pm

Wow! I was fortunate-when I called I got Rudy, he helped me with my order, and I had the parts in a few days. Also, on the broken mast, several years ago I managed to break the mast on my DS I; the break was just above the cuddy cabin so I had both parts cut off and had a tabernacle installed.
John
jaustin

Postby John Russell » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:40 pm

I needed pins for my tabernacle. Called, had to leave a message but he got back to me in a couple of hours. Had the pins in 3 days. Terrific, friendly service!
John Russell
1999 C250 SR/WK #410
Bay Village, Ohio
Sailing Sandusky Bay on Lake Erie
John Russell

Return to Day Sailer II Only