Centerboard stuck in trailer

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Centerboard stuck in trailer

Postby John Russell » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:38 pm

All set for a beautiful day to sail my DS II when I got a bad case of the stupids. First, I went out with the bilge plug in my pocket. Does anybody know how much water the DS II will hold? I'm guessing a hundred gallons easy!!!! It drained for at least 20 minutes. Really impressed my wife with that one! :oops:

Later in the day, I decided to give it another try. I remembered the bilge plug but, for some reason the CB dropped as I was launching and is now firmly wedged between the axle and cross member of my trailer. Anybody have any ideas about how to get it loose other than getting a crane and lifting her straight up? I tried to float it and pull it forward but it didn't work. All this on what was probably the last decent sailing day of the season.
John Russell
1999 C250 SR/WK #410
Bay Village, Ohio
Sailing Sandusky Bay on Lake Erie
John Russell

Postby jpclowes » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:14 am

John
If you want to drag your boat to Columbus, we have a hoist we use to launch. I'm sure we could help you out. We usually sail through October, so it might be a way to get another good sailing weekend in.
My only other suggestion is to find 5-6 strong guys and lift it that way.
J .P. Clowes
Eastern Great Lakes Regional V.P.
DSI 14083
jpclowes

Return to Day Sailer II Only