Side view diagram of DS2??

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Side view diagram of DS2??

Postby Lloyd Franks » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:03 pm

As I said in an earlier post, my new mod for raising and lowering the centerboard works great. One advantage that was gratis is that I know at all times if my CB is up or down, and points in between. I have noticed that when I push the CB down all the way (until I hear the clunk) she wants not to stay down, but to rise slightly. That seems to be her default position. I will add a bungee to hold her all the way down, but wonder if it is necessary. I suspect that when the CB is fully pivoted down, it may be slightly forward from perpindicular, and therefore a more balanced position for the CB may be to come back slightly. Is that correct, and is that the best position, or should I bungee her down? A side view diagram, and any other input would be helpful. Thanks again. By the way, we sailed today in 15 knots, with a healthy chop. There was no water in the bilge.
Lloyd Franks

side view

Postby Roger » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:04 am

http://groups.msn.com/RogerConrad/shoeb ... hotoID=225

The above link should take you to a profile of the DS and as you can see the CB is canted back slightly.[/img]
Roger

Postby Lloyd Franks » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:42 am

Thank you Roger...
Lloyd Franks

Return to Day Sailer II Only