removing the jib sheet cleats

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

removing the jib sheet cleats

Postby adam aunins » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:22 pm

My DS2 has what I beleive are the factory jib sheet cleats with the wedge shaped wood blocks under them. I want to remove the blocks to clean and refinnish them. Does anyone know if there are any nuts or anything that will drop down into the CB trunk if I remove the screws? I don't want to find out the hard way.
adam aunins

Postby Lloyd Franks » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:53 pm

Nope...The cleats are held with self tapping screws. When you remove the cleats, make sure that the inner pieces don't fall out of the swivel part. They are tricky to put back together (don't ask how I know this) :)

I changed my jib cleats to swivel cleats which I mounted on each rail...Much easier for single handing. About 44 bucks each at WM. I can give you the catalogue number if you're interested.

Note: Some of these mods that I make may not be legal for racing. Not an issue for me, but might be for others.
Lloyd Franks

Thanks

Postby adam aunins » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:54 am

Lloyd Thanks for the fast reply. We are having a rainy day here in Wichita Ks., so I guess I now have something fun to do today. :lol: This has to be the best forum I have every been on.
adam aunins

Return to Day Sailer II Only