Weight

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Weight

Postby dkgoodson » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:13 am

I have a '77 Daysailer II and have been trying to figure out how much it weighs including rigging. Does anyone know?

Khane
dkgoodson

how to figure out the weight

Postby adam aunins » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:09 pm

What I do when I want to know a trailers weight is go the the closest CoOp or grain elevator , easy for me to do in Kansas, and pull my trailer with boat / gear onto the scale. Some will show the reading through a window so you can do this after hours if you want. After that you can launch your boat and then re-weigh your empty truck/car and trailer do the math and you'll know what your boat + all the gear that you have on it weighs. Some truck stops will have scales that you can use also. Nine times out of ten if the truck stop or CoOp are not busy they'll be more than glad to help out. I'm sure you can find the factory boat weight and then add the gear you have to it to come up with it also, but I like to know for sure and if you put it on the scales there will be little dought. You can also find the gross boat and trailer weight this way by running your tow vehicle across the scale by itself.
adam aunins

Postby Roger » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:53 pm

Dry weight is 575# including all rigging, sails, cb and rudder. No motor, anchor or other equipment.
Roger

Postby Phill » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:58 pm

Roger is correct, Class mimimun withgt is 575 lbs.

Howewver I have seen boats all up weight, hull CB rudder mast boom spinaker pole, as light at 515, and heavy as 640. Most of those were DS 1's.

hope this helps.

phill
Phill

Postby dkgoodson » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:06 pm

Thanks for the info. It helped a lot.

Khane
dkgoodson

Return to Day Sailer II Only