Managing Leaks via CB trunk

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Managing Leaks via CB trunk

Postby Barry » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:41 pm

Since I am in the process of replacing the CB pivot bolt and washers, in occured to me that it might be advisable preventive maintenance to retrofit the centerboard pendant through-holes. I have read Roger Conrad's comments in his DS II manual as well as Daysailer Tech Note #100 published back in the Spring of 1986. (There appears to be some differences in the approach....."do the uphaul only since it's the likely culprit, or do both"). Some of the terminology is confusing to me, i.e., item #2 from the '86 Tech Note that refers to "going underneath and removing the stainless steel centerboard pivot retainer plates". Is that different from the "cable assembly" mentioned in #4 that needs to be removed from the board?
Are there any other sources that I could go to that might add some clarification to this process, especially about the disconnecting and reconnecting of the hardware?
Barry

Return to Day Sailer II Only