De Persia Automatic Bailer

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

De Persia Automatic Bailer

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 24, 2000 1:00 am

I have a Daysailer II equipped from the factory in 1975 with a De Persia Automatic Bailer, which was manufactured in Grand Haven, MI. Can anyone help me find a replacement valve for the unit? Any information on the bailer that I can get would be of help. Thanks!

Larry Doty (bridgecraft-at-hotmail.com)

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 24, 2000 1:00 am

Never heard of that brand but I have a pair of stainless steel Elvstrom bailers that I would part with.

Bob

Bob Torson (safehbr-at-pioneer.net)

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 10, 2000 12:00 am

Bob,

What does an Elvstrom bailer look like? My 1984 Spindrift DS bailer started leaking this year to the extent that I taped over it on the outside with duck tape just so that I could keep it at mooring. The unit I have is a stainless rectangle with a hinged wedge that drops down with a rectangular "flapper" at the trailing edge.

Steve Schriber
DS 11851

Steven Schriber (sschriber-at-spa.net)

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 10, 2000 12:00 am

Steve,

The gasket you need is available from Anapolis Perfomance Sailing (800-729-9773). I can't remember the brand name for the the bailer Spindrift used, but I gave them the dimensions and they identified what I had in my '84 Spindrift DS1. You can probably find get the gasket through West Marine, as well.

Kevin Clark
Dallas, TX
DS 11791

Kevin Clark (clarkr-at-aud.alcatel.com)

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2000 12:00 am

To get parts for a DePersia bailer try calling Rudy at D&R Marine 508-644-3001, he is the former Parts Manager for O'Day and knows things about the boats that no one else would. My DS II is a 1979 model and thus has the newer plastic bailer, Rudy definitely has those, because I bought one from him.

Rod Johnson (rjohnson24-at-juno.com)

Return to Day Sailer II Only