Just bought a DS II

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Just bought a DS II

Postby Guest » Sun May 07, 2000 12:00 am

Hi all,

I am the proud new owner of a DSII! I have been looking and looking for just such a boat and was ready to give up and play golf instead. In desparation, I left my name at a small boat shop for them to spread the word of my search. The next day I received a call from a man across the bay who had a boat he wanted to sell. I immediately jumped in the car and drove over to see it. What I found was a DSII sitting on a pretty good trailer. The sails are in fair shape but the battens are mostly gone. The hull is in excellent condition as is al the rigging. The owner rigged to boat for me right there in the front yard and everything seemed to go together quite well.

I don't have a trailer hitch on my van yet so i haven't brought her home. Iwill have her here tomorrow and will know more about the age. The sails have the number 2779 on them. The owner (ex) thinks it is a '74.

Ipaid $1,000 for her and can't wait to get her home, get her cleaned up and out for a sail. I live in Mobile, AL so if there are any others on this forum near me, maybe we can go sailing!

I look forward to reading the rest of the forums and I am sure that I will have many, many questions.

Thanks,

John Kennedy
Mobile, AL

John K. (j_kennedy-at-netzero.net)

Postby Guest » Tue May 09, 2000 12:00 am

OK, my hull # is XDVDT2290974 so it is a '74 model. I found out the mainsail is history and ordered a new one from D&R Marine. I got a quote from a local sail maker who wanted $705 for a new sail. I got mine from D&R for much less. I hope to have the sail for this weekend. The boat cleaned up nicely and I look forward to many years of happy sailing.

John K. (j_kennedy-at-netzero.net)

Return to Day Sailer II Only