Daysailer II Mast and mainsail

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Daysailer II Mast and mainsail

Postby Guest » Thu May 25, 2000 12:00 am

I am a college student just getting into sailing with an older daysailer II, hence I do not have the funs for a new mast and new mainsail that the boat needs! I am looking for a used mainsail and a used mast if anyone knows where I can find either of these for a fair price, I would be very appreciative!!

Anxious sailor.
Thanks,
Nick Yeargin

Nicholas (Icemann48-at-aol.com)

Postby Guest » Thu May 25, 2000 12:00 am

Nicholas, try the Day Sailer Class Association Web-Pages. www.daysailer.org
They sometimes have used sails that are no longer good for racing but are still more than good enough for us "daysailing" Day Sailers! I don't know if they have any info on spars, but....try a local boatyard or dealer, sometimes they have used spars that may fit.
How old is your DS II, and in what area of the country do you live? These will help me to suggest possible other sources for sails and spars.

Rod Johnson (rjohnson24-at-juno.com)

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 14, 2000 12:30 pm

I have a mainsail made or me by McCloud of Maine. I used it only about five times and am willing to sell itfor three hundred dollars. This is about half the original cost. You can reach me at Denmall@aol.com

Dennis Mallach (Denmall-at-AOL.com)

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 14, 2000 11:10 pm

Nick,

I have a mast ( all spar) that mounts on top of the cuddy and pivots up/down on a built in hinge...very typical for a crusing Day Sailer. The mast came from my DS. I am now using a longer mast that gos through a hole in the cuddy top and rests on the kellson on the bottom of the boat.

I also have an older set of sails (main and Jib)made bt Cressy and a well used spinaker.

I would be willing to sell the whole package for $135.

I live in California and am not sure where you are...There may be a problem with the mast if you live far away. Shipping costs may be a problem.

Dave

Dave Misunas (misunas-at-sasquatch.com)

Return to Day Sailer II Only