will a javelin rudder and head work for a DS II?

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Postby jh_on_the_cape » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:22 pm

I don't race.

i have the gudgeons, pintles, etc. just busted the head and lost the blade and looking for a cheap replacement.

thanks!
jh
jh_on_the_cape

Postby Bob Damon » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:47 am

If I remember correctly from pictures, etc, the Day Sailer and Javelin rudders, rudder heads, and tillers were the same. The Javelin looked much like the day sailer without cuddy and a bit shorter so it should work fine.
Bob Damon
Class Measurer

Postby persephone » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:12 pm

I have a Javelin rudder & head (and currently own a DS1). I haven't measured every dimension but I am fairly sure they are identical. Mine need some touch up work, but if you are unable to find anything else they are in usable condition. Hadn't really thought about selling them, wouldn't be looking for much if I did.
Geoff Plante, former DS1 owner
1950(ish) vintage National One Design.
persephone

Postby jh_on_the_cape » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:25 am

persephone wrote:I have a Javelin rudder & head (and currently own a DS1). I haven't measured every dimension but I am fairly sure they are identical. Mine need some touch up work, but if you are unable to find anything else they are in usable condition. Hadn't really thought about selling them, wouldn't be looking for much if I did.

yes please!!!! You are in Merrimac Valley, I am on the cape. I would come pick it up today (tuesday) or thursday! I will send you a PM with my phone number. I will take care of any touch up.

I found an entire javelin for sale locally, but only want the rudder and the seller will not part it out.
jh_on_the_cape

Return to Day Sailer II Only