DSII inner hull drain

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

DSII inner hull drain

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 12, 2000 12:00 am

I've recently purchased a Inner Hull Drain Plug assembly from DR Marine to replace my aging 1980 DSII original with the plug missing. As it turns out the hole pattern on mine has a spacing for mtg holes of 1.25 inches and the replacement has a pattern spacing of approx 1.55 inches. Rudy at DR Marine says that all he has and to send it back no problem. Does anyone know of any source were I can get a replacement with the pattern spacing of approx 1.25 inches?

Dan Wilhelm (dwilhelm43-at-aol.com)

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 13, 2000 12:00 am

Dan, I bought one of those plug assemblies from D&R for my 1979 DS II. Paid $4.50 (or so) then saw same plug at WEST MARINE, $2.50...oh well! Anyway, the screw holes lined up on mine, but the center tube of the flange was too big, I had to ream out the hole in the transom. To find a new plug, I'd go to any marine dealer that sells small boats like dinghies or LASERs, SUNFISH, etc. and bring the old flange with you. I have had great luck with Rudy, but have to admit my disapointment about that plug, I figured that he would have the original equipment plug and that I'd be able to just screw it into the flange that came with the boat, no such luck!

Rod Johnson (rjohnson24-at-juno.com)

Return to Day Sailer II Only