DSII Self Bailer Removal and Replacement

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Postby Gzachmann » Tue May 29, 2012 6:31 pm

I installed a new self bailer but even after filing flat the peak on the underside to get a good seal to the o-ring it still leaked. There was some delamination between the top of the tube and the deck.
Rather than trying to replace the tube I filled the hole with epoxy and silica filler. Just tape the bottom of the hole and pour it in. Mine will probably stay that way but I could now easily re drill the hole and the leaks between the tube and deck should be sealed.

George
George Z
Gzachmann

Bionicle Balls

Postby redtailseven » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:44 am

There is a toy on the the market called The Bionicles. They are robot monsters that can be assembled in multiple configurations, kind of like lego people meet the transformers. Anyway, some species contain weapons that shoot green plastic balls that float. These seem to be a perfect replacement for the drain floats. Just tell the kid that two of them must have gone under the sofa or somewhere unretrievable.
Redtail 7 honors the Tuskeegee Airmen
redtailseven

Previous

Return to Day Sailer II Only