DSII Cuddy Cover Replacement

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

DSII Cuddy Cover Replacement

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 27, 2000 7:54 pm

My '72 DSII has a vinylized fabric cuddy cover that is held in place by about a dozen stainless snaps. The trouble is - many of the snaps have parted from the fabric. I would rather a more permanent solution - perhaps teak doors or the like. Any ideas on fixing this one? I would prefer ready-to-install parts since custom fabrication isn't my forte...

Bill Mahoney (wmahoney-at-smsllc.com)

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 28, 2000 8:15 pm

Give Rudy at D&R Marine a call, they aren't cheap....but he will make you a set of the original cuddy "doors". To see what these look like, check out the photo of my DS II, "SUNBIRD" on the 2nd page of photos here on the DS Homepage. Mine are original (1979) but within a few years I will be looking at buying a new set from Rudy. They have some wooden "hooks" that hold them to the bulkhead of the cuddy and can be locked in place if you still have the stainless steel tab mounted to your cuddy, if not...Rudy will have one.
D&R Marine 508-644-3001

Rod Johnson (rjohnson24-at-juno.com)

Return to Day Sailer II Only