reefing clews and other needs

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

reefing clews and other needs

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 28, 2001 12:06 pm

Wondering if anyone has recently come across a source for reefing clews for the DS2. If not, could someone post a template or the dimensions of the clew and I may try to make one.
Also hoping that someone would explain the advantages of installing a traveler on my DS2, how it works, and if I should install the track type or rope style explained within this site.
Lastly, has anyone tried or had experience with using an assymetrical spinnaker with a DS2. Thanks.

Russ Hobbs (russellr-at-islc.net)

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 29, 2001 11:08 pm

Russ,
Did you check out the two threads under "Rigging" in this group? Titled "Roller reefing the main" and "Reefing claws : Are there any out there?", they contain a bunch of info about using the roller reefing setup on a DS. My contribution was the last one made on the "Claws?" thread and the only response I got was a note from someone that said "Duh, why didn't I think of that?" Both my solution and Paul Diglio's seem to avoid the necessity of having the claw itself to take advantage of this clever piece of rigging design.
Hope this helps some. Fair winds. Felix.

Felix Graham-Jones (felix.graham-jones-at-snet.net)

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 04, 2001 2:47 pm

Thanks Felix, I'm going to make this reefing cloth as soon as I get the material. Now, what can you tell me about travellers.

Russ Hobbs (russellr-at-islc.net)

Return to Day Sailer II Only