New to Daysailers, just bought one!

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

New to Daysailers, just bought one!

Postby Noley » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:10 am

New member with a new used boat.
Been away from sailboats for several years (long story!) and just bought a 1979 DS II. Am excited about getting back on the water. The boat will live most of the year at our second home in Nova Scotia, and it will be hitting salt water for the first time. The previous (and original) owner dry sailed it in lakes for years and took good care of the boat. Hasn't used it at all for several years. Doesn't need much aside from shrouds, but could use a new mainsheet. The trailer needs a tire, too.

This forum looks like a great place to learn about these boats. I've sailed a lot of small boats/dinghies, owned a Laser, and used to skipper deliveries and charters, taught sailing and coastal piloting. Did some racing, but prefer a more laid back approach. This boat will get my wife and me back on the water and even more importantly, teach both daughters how to sail properly. They've mostly been on 35-45 footers and I tell them they don't really know how to sail until they can handle a small boat in 15-20. Haha!

I'm looking forward to all you have to teach me!

Noley
Noley

Re: New to Daysailers, just bought one!

Postby GreenLake » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:26 pm

Welcome to the forum!
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Return to Day Sailer II Only