Tilting trailer

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Tilting trailer

Postby Postville » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:52 pm

Does anyone find using the tilt feature on a trailer helpful? I have to get so far back into the water at the landing that the fenders are underwater before the boat floats off.
It is hard to line up the keel to the rollers when you can't see them when loading.
Bob
Postville

Re: Tilting trailer

Postby GreenLake » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:06 pm

Yes, always. I don't "float" off my boat, but let it "roll" off. I don't use it for retrieval, but again, the boat rolls on, and is not floated on. The rear roller is at water level.

There's a longer description I wrote somewhere here, probably in the "Miscellaneous" section where we keep most trailer-related topics.

If I come across it again, I may post a link here, but feel free to check through the older posts in that section.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Re: Tilting trailer

Postby GreenLake » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:17 pm

This is just the most recent description of my tilting trailer and process that I wrote, there should be some earlier ones as well, possibly covering additional detail. Happy hunting.
~ green ~ lake ~ ~
GreenLake

Return to Day Sailer II Only