HINGED MAST PROBLEM

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

HINGED MAST PROBLEM

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:11 pm

Having troubles, posted some picture under repair and restoration, anyone have any ideas? Seems like my mast is not original I think. Tabernacle has two different shapes top and bottom. I think DPO replaced the mast with the wrong one and didn't even bother with the stub mast, used a piece of pipe instead. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate hearing them. Also is the boom stock the same as the mast stock?

Sean Desbiens (desbiens_sean-at-hotmail.com)

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 20, 2003 10:41 am

not sure who DPO is, but i think your observations are correct. both sections of the mast should be the same stock and both sections of the tabernackle should be as well. i was unable to find the photos you posted. did you buy the boat with the different sections or did you have someone do a repair/improvement?

chad (gilliscmnr19-at-juno.com)

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 20, 2003 4:59 pm

The mast and boom are different size extrusions, the boom is slightly smaller than the mast extrusion. The boom is a Dwyer # 275 extrusion.

Rod Johnson, "SUNBIRD" (rjohnson24-at-juno.com)

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:43 pm

If any one is interested I think the photo of my tabernacle can be reached from the link below.

http://boonedocks.net/talkboard/talkboa ... msgid=3124

Sean Desbiens (desbiens_sean-at-hotmail.com)

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:36 am

saw the photos. doesn't look right. the two halves of the tabernackle should be identical. sounds like you've got a problem is the set-up you have now functional. have you sailed the boat with the pipe/mast system? who did this to the boat?

chad (gilliscmnr19-at-juno.com)

Return to Day Sailer II Only