Goose neck

Topics primarily or specifically about the DS2. Many topics are of general interest, so please use forum sections on Rigging, Sails, etc. where appropriate.

Moderator: GreenLake

Goose neck

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:13 pm

Hi

Just wondering if some one can give me information on how the boom and gooseneck are attached to the mast. Is there any thing that locks the gooseneck. I'm new to sailing and have only experience on one other boat where the goosenek bolted through the mast.

Thanks for all your help you all have been great!!

Sean Desbiens (desbiens_sean-at-hotmail.com)

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:07 pm

The boom gooseneck slides into the groove on the aft side of the mast, it will slide down below the opening where you feed the luff of the sail in. Once the sail is raised, you should have a downhaul (line used to pull the gooseneck down and tighten the luff) to adjust the luff tension, and this will keep the boom from following the sail up the mast.

Do you have a rigging guide/owners manual for the Day Sailer II? All of this is explained in there. If you do not have a manual, send me an e-mail with your address and I can send you a copy along with a few other diagrams of the centerboard lines, and how to rig the mainsheet and jib sheets on an older DS II (pre-1974).

Rod Johnson, "SUNBIRD" (rjohnson24-at-juno.com)

Return to Day Sailer II Only